NorthStar Bison is a premier producer of grassfed Bison, Beef and Lamb who surprisingly is a fully run family operation. The owners still run and operate the farm and all the kid’s work for various facets of the business whether it’s shipping and receiving, herd management or just helping out where they can (for the younger one). NorthStar Bison seems to take great care in the treatment of it’s animals, making sure they are grassfed; and they even purchased a processing plant which allows them to kill their animals in the field, and thus stress free making for a better quality meat (and a stress-free ending for the animal).
Oh, and did we mention they sell Ostrich and Elk? Now that is a pleasant, not so easy to find surprise!
Disclaimer: We here at NW Farm Review just recently (yesterday) cooked up some ground bison for Bison Burgers. We will admit that it was quite tasty and it won’t be the last time we purchase from NorthStar Bison.
- Grassfed Beef
- Grassfed Lamb
- Grassfed Bison
- Pastured Chicken
- USDA Certified Organic
- Stress-Free Kill
- Pasture Raised
- Holistic Resource Management (External Link)
- Location: Northwest Wisconsin and East Central Minnesota
- NW Farm Review Rating: 4.5 Stars (Unknown extent of Pasture Raised on meat besides Bison)
- NW Farm Review Visit: None
- Standards Confirmation: None
- Website: http://www.northstarbison.com/